Family activities are important parts in family life. Home parties, family games and outdoor sports are typical family activities which is beneficial to the harmony of a family. Generally speaking, it takes less time to arrange the former two types of family activities. But outdoor sports vary with different sports. For common outdoor sports such as basketball, baseball or swimming, you may just need find suitable places and organize your families to do them. But for outdoor activities such as camping or hiking, it will take more time to make preparations.
Take camping for example. Camping is a complicated outdoor activity because you have to carry a lot of gears or devices to a certain place. In general, people will go camping in a natural place far away from your home. Therefore, you need basic knowledge about the camping gears, geographic location and survival skills in the wilderness. Although it is troublesome and even dangerous, it is necessary to take camping adventure, especially for children. It is the best way to master survival skills and get close to nature. For example, you can ask your children to help prepare for camping gears. The principal camping gears include outdoor knife, campus, tent, tent pegs and spade, etc. In this way, children may make careful preparations, show interest in gears or tools and foster strong operational ability. There are lots of resources online about knives, tents, sleeping bags, etc., so make sure you study all these camping gears before teaching your kids about them. In addition to preparatory work, you and your family can participate the whole process.
Camping adventure is so important that you don’t want to miss anything about it. Except for the practical skills of camping, you may want to leave some photos or memories. For this purpose, a scrapbook is a good choice. A scrapbook can record a lot of meaningful thing about your families and camping adventure. During the process of preparation and camping, relevant activities can be taken pictures or painted or written in words. Every moments of your families are worthy recording and recollecting in your life, otherwise you would miss too much warm and significant moments.
Through scrapbooking, you can record dribs and drabs of your family lives. But how to make a scapebook for family camping adventure? You and your families might be busy with camping and forget anything else, therefore you may keep the following tips in minds before and during the camping adventure.
1) collect and record important information about the camping adventure. For example, you can write down the route, geographical location, time schedule, necessary gears and equipments. These words can be put in the scrapbook. Words together with photos are complete elements for a scrapbook.
2) Take pictures of your families when they are making preparation for camping adventure. You may also have a group photo before starting;
3) Take pictures of scenes on the road.
4) Take pictures of camping activities. For example, the photos of your kids making a tent, your husband using a bushcraft knife to crave wood and all the families making camp fire are interesting memories.
5) Draw pictures about the scenes or camping. Even if photography is a convenient way to record, painting is still a special and unreplaceable way to record funny things. You need pay more attention to the things themselves.
6) Writing blogs and travel notes. Photos or paintings can record some moments, but only writing can record your feeling and emotion at those moments.